Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegge View Post
The fact of the matter is BMW is becoming more like Lexus, Infiniti, etc. and less of a driving focused brand like Porsche. This will be even more true if BMW kills off coupes, roadsters, and convertibles.
That's unfair IMO, just consider that BMW developed a new 6MT for the G8X. Name a competitor that does for MY 2021 or beyond?

BMW did not focus on weight reduction this time. Instead they focused on traction and grip. That is IMO the main advancement of the G8X generation. AWD + wider front tires and front track. We are also getting a healthy power bump which we did not get with the F8X. And I suspect that is why we got the weight work on the F8X, BMW couldn't get the expected (by us the consumer) HP bump out of the S55.
what do you mean f8x did not get power increase?

can you explain and substantiate this claim?

The weight reduction came from motorsport applications driven by Birmann & co who now works at Hyundai because he got no respect at bmw under new cost cutting penny pincher ceo that comes from factory operations.

keep in mind s55 in stock form is in m2cs racing. Steve Dinan stated it is designed for 600hp and his tunes support it.
Appreciate 0