FourPtDrift
This is my unique custom title
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5C, '20 F83 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
I just wanted to say I fucking love you lol
LOl! Awwww... that's very kind. thank you.

Quote:
it's sooo hard to find people that put their money where their mouth is...
Very true.

Quote:
everyone says this or that but when asked to show anything it's just crickets so I really appreciate the info and the pics.
And you're most welcome. That's one of the main reasons for a forum such as this - but sadly there tends to be a very high signal to noise ratio.

Quote:
Also I saw that video a while back didn't know it was you car haha congrats!
Thank you again - I think looking at the video I posed previously - and seeing the incredible sheen/color tone of the Frozen MBB makes it clear that the "look" of a frozen painted car can't simply be replicated by applying a "stealth," "satin," or "matte" PPF to a car painted with a high gloss finish - it simply isn't the same. Not even remotely. This is definitely the value proposition behind getting Frozen paint - but Frozen paint is NOT as easy to live with on a daily basis as a regular gloss clear coat. The SunTek solution, unlike the Xpel product, enabled me to preserve the incredible sheen and color tone of my car's Frozen finish without any compromise.

Quote:
Another question I wanted to ask is how did you find if it was 1 of 1?
Asked my internal contact at BMW to run a check for me. Now mind you, at the end of a production run, this could change. But so far, my car is truly very unique.

Quote:
And when you say that do you mean full build or just exterior and interior color?
All options, all packages, all customizations, etc.

Quote:
I'm curious what your msrp was haha.
AS the car currently stands, including the latest addition of the PPF, retail value is just shy of $165K.

Quote:
Also do you know if the bmw shop took off the carbon bits when doing the ppf or did they work around it?
Removing the CF elements is not necessary and not advisable. BUT, they require special attention and application to make coverage work "seamlessly." And as you can see from my detailed photos, these accomplished this perfectly.

Please see the detailed work photos in the main forum - the link is here:

https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1853736

Quote:
I'm worried about the beta link and while I know there's a solvent for it it doesn't change my worries...
Under NO circumstances should you try and brake the beta link seal on a frozen paint surface. Anyone who even suggests that is a.) not factory trained and b.) does NOT know what they're doing. Period.

Hope this info helps...

-Daniel

2021 F90 Comp LCI Frozen Marina Bay Blue/Aragon Brown Full Merino
2020 F83 Comp LCI Porsche Chalk/Black Full Merino
2018 F82 Comp LCI Mineral White/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
2017 F83 Comp Black Saphhire/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
Appreciate 0