View Single Post
      08-26-2021, 03:10 AM   #2
FourPtDrift
This is my unique custom title
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5C, '20 F83 M4C

Dropped off my car last Monday for an extensive, full-car, including all CF trim, front to back, PPF with SunTek. My car is Frozen Marina Bay Blue - SunTek has the right solutions for this car (matte finish PPF for the painted surfaces, high-glass PPF for the CF trim and headlights) and I was guided through this process with the help from BMW. I am supposed to pick the car up tomorrow - I will post finished photos soon.

Stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
So... on a Frozen bluestone what's the best ppf for the car? Does ceramic coating the ppf add shine to the car, does the ppf dull the color at all? I'm hearing mixed reports for everything as is the usual and would love to see some before and after pics or people that just did like a front and hood compared to the rest of the car.

Was looking at xpel stealth and ceramic pro possibly on top as recommended by the place I had planned to do it unless someone has recomandations for a place that works specifically with Frozen paints on the east coast (doing performance delivery so I can take it anywhere from there I suppose). Also they're going to have to work around spoiler and front lip and sideskirts because apparently that betalink stuff doesn't come off very nicely or at all... for carbon bits and roof would you do a regular gloss ppf? (Yes I am getting all the factory carbon bits port installed so they'll be soldered onto the paint courtesy of bmw)

As for the interior... some say ceramic coating the leather will cause it to dry out some say it'll be fine others have said it screws with the vented seats because it plugs the holes, again anyone actually have any experience long term with something like that or am I going to have to suck it up and take it to the detailer every other week? (Yes I'm too lazy to take care of it myself and I'd do a much worse job)

Just to clarify this is going to be my daily driver, I drive 30-40k miles a year and plan to keep this thing until the engine gives out before building it up and trying to push for 1500 to the wheels. So I want to keep the paint and interior in the best shape possible and I'm talking 6-10 years down the line...

Thank you all for any valuable input and if anyone in the tri-state area has an f90 in frozen bluestone, or an f90 with silverstone merino or both (I saw one on YT) do you mind setting something up so I can see these rare colors in person?🤣🤣

2021 F90 Comp LCI Frozen Marina Bay Blue/Aragon Brown Full Merino
2020 F83 Comp LCI Porsche Chalk/Black Full Merino
2018 F82 Comp LCI Mineral White/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
2017 F83 Comp Black Saphhire/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
Appreciate 0