///Makis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimarho View Post
Hey everyone,
So my G82 M4 is on the boat to MD. My CA and SA told me there is a recall for the Screw Connection Exhaust System.

My car is estimated to arrive in North America, USA 12/30/20.
We are hoping they can perform the recall at the port before it dispatches to the dealer.

We are unsure exactly what the recall is... But I'm stoked.
I have to call bs on that. Something doesn't smell right. "Fix it at the port" you can't wrench on a car at the port, they won't let you. Just to get into the port you need a TWIC and I can't imagine there are any BMW mechanics that have one. I assume as this was a specialty order from Germany this is coming in a container and not on a RoRo with a bunch of other cars. Either way when they are discharged they need to move the cargo away from the port or container yard as quickly as possible otherwise they will start to accrue demurrage which can be quite expensive.

Do you have a shipment number or bill of lading number?

I am certain the dealership has it or has even sent you a copy of it.

We can find out what ship she's on through that information and track where on the water she is.

In my opinion it sounds a bit strange that other dealerships haven't heard of the recall. So it's possible that they are trying to stall for whatever reason.

Oh and congrats on the new car, I hope you brings you years of joy and smiles. But let me know on the shipping info and I can track it for you. I work for a fairly large German container shipping company and have shipped my car from US to England and Greece back to US (I know, why not just buy another one).

Makis
Appreciate 0