View Single Post
      10-28-2020, 12:49 PM   #41
Donolotti
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Previous car: 2018 ZCP M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantisF80 View Post
As I was reading through the comments, I am beginning to change my position about the cross branding of BMW x KITH. From a business perspective it made sense to broaden the appeal of the BMW M brand to those people outside of the core group and reach out to enthusiasts or the younger generation that like "hype" luxury clothing. BMW probably wanted to test the market and see if it was a success. And it proved to be one considering that all of the 'hype' KITH M4 competitions sold out and also all of the KITH x BMW merchandise and clothing in just a matter of days!!

You can expand your customer base to core and enthusiasts. Just make sure that you stay true to the core product. It was a good thing that BMW did not market this car or the clothing line at their dealerships or www.bmw.com.
Probably sold out for the potential of higher resale. People buying them are just flipping most likely. Just like more than half the people that buy collector shoes are just in it for the money. I'm 27 and have a marketing degree not a fan of the marketing tactic. Seems like trying to hard. To me what made BMW cool when I was younger was the crazy performance and style that one day I could aspire to if I do well for myself. I have had 4 BMW's e46 M3, e38 740il, M235i, and a f82 M4.
Appreciate 1
///BYU268.50