10-28-2020, 12:34 PM   #40
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
And this is what it is all about, getting new customers targeting more and younger audiences, and has been the main focus for a while now not only for BMW but for a lot of companies world wide, why do you thing BMW and other brands are talking about subscriptions models for selling cars and tech in their cars, or as with the M-Performance brand witch has been said many times over it is almost like with micro transactions/loot boxes out there the new generations of younger people the same generations that is and has been raised by the older generation is looking for less ownership of stuff and more in line with subscriptions/leasing etc..... don't be surprised if we start seeing "Leasing" rebranded as a sub fee where you get a model for this many $$$ a month you get this and for $$$$ witch includes this and that just to target new markets and younger people.

The older generation of people is not their target anymore nor is it what sells more cars or stuff for them, As the gaming industry is now it is only to be expected in the Auto industry to move towards that.

They probably will keep some of their cars like the M2, and such to exist to target the minority of customers that is the enthusiasts people.

But as has been stated so many times before so many people on forums like this one do not approve of the direction BMW is moving towards and move to brands like Porsche witch still has the "Stamp" of being an "Old Mans Brand" But Porsche won't be able to sustain them self for far to long on the dropping of customers from other brands and will also have to move in this direction to survive, but what Porsche has done better in terms of marketing is to sell so much options that cost extra to buy even stuff that should be standard. And we will see more of this in BMW and other brands so people can feel "unique".

I think we will see more of this in the future. For better or for worse.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 1
jjasonSU194.00