swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmclNH View Post
As a 19 year old bmw enthusiast:
I do not like this "collaboration" one bit. The whole thing is a cash grab by kith and easy "hype" about new cars for bmw. Not everybody loves the new cars so this is what they turn to. All of the products that Ronnie fieg released is stuff that bmw has already made. M sweatshirts, sweatpants, umbrellas, license plate frames? all shit I've seen at the dealer or online. Except it's marked up 200 percent because it says kith on it. It's sad. There was no creativity. They capitalized on the fact that the e30/ older cars are trendy now. What do they do? Make it more trendy. I bought my own 08' 328 for my first car and just recently a 96' 328. I work full time. Can I afford anything that they released? No. Even though I own 2 bmws. Their target audience for this was to get into the Instagram feeds of rich teens with their parents credit cards. This is not marketed to the enthusiast. This is marketed towards college kids with daddy's money. And yes it will work for bmw. They know where the money is, clearly. I know not everyone with a bmw is an enthusiast, but this is a turning point for the brand. It will now explode into a "hype beast brand". They took the once special and iconic M badge and turned it into a marketing scheme. It's supposed to be rare to see an M badge. Not see it on a t shirt in the mall.
I'm a sneaker-head myself and only a couple years older than you and I too do not approve of this Kith monstrosity with its bastardized BMW logos. Shit, I even wear yeezys, I should get me an automatic all-wheel drive M4 to flex on in front of a Bape store in DTLA, right?

BMW has already the youngest fan base and probably clientele of the Big Three (Audi, BMW, MB). I don't really think collabs with some hypebeasts will make a lot 20-something buyers buy brand new BMWs but what do I know, I don't work in Marketing.

If we want young people to buy expensive shit, do not drown them in ridiculously high school tuition debts and accommodation payments. It is literally crazy how much school and a roof over your head cost these days.