Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 SG/AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachBmmr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I was at SOW Sunday running CW (Saturday was CCW)! It was my second track day on my practically stock G82 with PSI Midpipe, but I've been to SOW and regional tracks many times in my F80.

I managed a 01:27.79, beating my modified F80 M3 CS by almost 2 seconds. The G8X is GREAT on the track!
Great sounding video. I have PSI on stock cat back, and its loud against pit wall, but this is nice sound capture.

About the driving - Here is my never driven it, back seat driver take..Apply salt liberally...

it looks like you can go faster through the first sweeper, stay left and open up the entry and late apex the first turn.

The chicane complex you're pulling under 1 lateral g, I bet you have more grip here to use - go faster! Same through sweeper #2 before the hard right hander and use all the track, you should be on power through that entire right turn throttle steering out to the edge of the track.

Back straight you're babying it! a lot more speed there to get through those sweeping chicanes and try not to punch the throttle at the end.

Last turn before pit straight looks like a late apex where you want to get the car pointed down track quickly and almost oversteer it through, you should experiment with a wider line early and get back to power mid corner to improve your top speed down the front straight. Also looks like you lost traction right at the cone perhaps its track defect..

Are you driving it 2wd?

Nice laps..
I've definitely left a lot of time on the track! Thanks for the tip, I know there is a lot of grip left, it's just a matter of nerve to actually do it!

I agree with everything you said.

Turn 1 I am too slow. I think a small lift will suffice, I'm actually braking into it.

Turn 2 I was too much to the right. I need to be more left.

Turn 3 and 4 has a lot of grip left

I've gone faster through the bowl on other laps. It's actually a double apex turn and I'm conservative through it.

The blind chicane is tricky. I've spun there at 100mph before so it's psychological. I've gone from braking into it to lifting into it now. I need to go to throttle maintenance and work my way up to powering though it. The following hard left is a fast corner and I babied it that day.

The last turn into the front straight I had been playing with all day. You are correct, I'm faster with a late apex there. I found a mark on the left of the track to hit before I start turning in for the late apex later in the day and was a few tenths faster.

I think I can get a 1:25 with these tips in mind. A 1:22 by the end of the year and I'll be ecstatic!
Video and data analysis is helpful, but not as much as a passenger in the car barking to go faster. I am just starting to drive at the limits of grip and then only in a few corners after really working it out and feeling the edge with a coach. It will take me several coaching sessions to put together an entire fast lap.
mlc5063.50