SigmaShift
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
I was cross-shopping various Mustang breeds while planning my move back to a Manual when I had my DCT F87C. So few manuals left, didn't have much of a choice. I test drove several versions of the car over time. I liked most of the versions past the stock GT, but utterly hated the interior in all of them. Even the GT350 (non-track-pack-thingy) wasn't fun enough to make up for how dissatisfied I was sitting in it. The GT Mustang is floppy and incoherent without the now-discontinued Performance Pack II. The adaptive dampers in PPII, the Mach 1, and the GT350 are a MUST for that platform to shine (I can't remember what the Bullit has and doesn't have).

I still very well might have bought one if I hadn't gotten lucky with picking up my G80.

But that's just me. Our two Utah friends in this video certainly didn't seem to care about the rental car insides of the Mustang compared to how much they hate the nose of the of G82. Fun times.

Also, the price-gap with the cars feature-matched is much less than 20k. It was about 8k when priced the Mach 1 vs my car. The insides of our cars even with just Extended Leather are well worth 8k.
You can still get a new Mustang GT with Magneride, it's just a stand alone option now with PP1, like how it has been with the 10spd cars since 2018.
Appreciate 0