View Single Post
      11-29-2021, 12:37 PM   #66
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp AWD IOMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
I'll have to dig up the paperwork again to see the cost of gap but $1,200 does sound about right. They said I can remove it at anytime and that it's a good idea after the first year since should be close to flat with regard to loan to value given my down payment. But who knows. Peace of mind I suppose.

Peace of mind with the maintenance as well. Probably still a loss with it even at retail price but figure if I can get to brake jobs done during that time it was worthwhile. If only one time then it wasn't necessarily worth it but again, peace of mind knowing that I basically have zero maintenance costs the next 4 years except for tires.

����

Sony A7iii.
Just be aware that after the first year it will be a very small refund as it's prorated - I only know this cause when my first M3 was totaled it affected the refund amount (but was still able to get most of it backdated by showing proof of the total loss accident date). Either way though it's 100% worth it to keep it and i'd probably just keep it for the entire duration tbh, since you'll only get back like 25% after a year anyways.

Yea that's where i'm at with the maintenance plan too. I was initially also just looking to get the Ultimate Care+ for $700 (3 years / 36 months that covers brakes) that another user bought, and that dealer finance person claimed they don't even offer that. Just had a sour experience over all with that dealership tbh but whatever, i'll just keep the 4 year / 50k miles one I have now and see how it goes and if I need it and i'll know for a future M car if I get one again. I think we're doing a safe thing!

Last edited by dimmy; 11-29-2021 at 12:42 PM..
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019155.00