M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Not sure how this guy selects cars for such a battle… I mean if he wants to pick up a BMW car to race with top of the line Benz, he would pick M8 which belongs to the same power/torque territory and then M8 smokes SLS ☺️
Might smoke it in performance, but the SLS wins in the looks department over the M8. Hands down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Marcus Flasch referred to a unique offering from ///M in the making - something we currently don't have, he alluded. He pointed out, M8 was a great car but that was not enough.

I wonder if they are coming up with that magical car to compete with this MB offering!?

That is an excellent point you raise there

This was more like a case of apples and oranges
Yeah, definitely eager to see what they've been working on. A 9-series perhaps? If it's just an M8CS or something I'll be disappointed. Something as radically different as the i8 was when it first came out but with far better performance would be great.

I think whatever it is, it will need to be the top-performing BMW to gain much traction. Something to compete with the current AMG-GT from Mercedes. Better yet, throw everyone a real curveball and come out with something like a hybrid supercar akin to the Mclaren P1 or Porsche 918.

I think the new C8 corvette has shown you don't have to push a $400,000 price tag to radically redesign one of your iconic cars and still be a success. It's also evidence of the evolution of performance reaching a tipping point between usable power and traction, necessitating a change in layout. To my current knowledge, BMW does not have a mid-engine layout offering (i8 being no longer in production).

If they came out with something like an M9 that had the power and engine of the M8, but lighter and with a mid engine layout and xDrive, I think it would be absolutely bonkers and kill in sales.
Corwow battles are about performance not look
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0