United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2289 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Pilot View Post
I don't understand all the negativity in this thread. Yes, everybody knows the chances are pretty slim that it's happening despite this or any petition but why should we not try? Why should we not show the potential interest in this car? I also hear what you are saying and you guys have a point. When it comes to signing the papers, most of these interested buyers might look elsewhere but again I still do believe it would do better than you guys are expecting. BMW offered 5 series GT and 6 series GT in the US market and I don't remember them being top sellers at all. This car has so much more potential IMO. Also, before I forget, in terms of putting my money where my mouth is, if BMW were to confirm it will be offered for sale in the US market, I'm ready to put a non-refundable deposit to get in line today.
I don't really get it either. Gotta love the internet I guess. People here bemoaning what others like and trying to convince them why it makes no sense to like it. Happens every time wagons are mentioned (among other things, of course).

I guess we only get to get excited over threads of the same cars with different paint colors.

So much for an "enthusiasts" forum.
When the M2 was still at rumors stage, there were a lot of discussions again on Bimmerpost about BMW possibly not offering the 6MT due to the low take rate. The main argument was "US buyers prefer AT so 6MT wouldn't sell here" and people went crazy on this forum explaining how much they want the 6MT option. Long story short, BMW listened and offered the M2 with 6MT here in the US, and US has been the country with the highest 6MT take rate. Not sure about the F80/F82 but 6MT numbers for those models have been really good too as far as I remember. I know this is quite different than simply offering another transmission choice but there is a slight chance BMW might be listening and it's worth the try IMO.
Appreciate 0