Thread: Robo Vacs
View Single Post
      03-30-2022, 08:09 AM   #2
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

I have two of the Neato vacs. I had a Roomba first but when it finally died I gave Neato a shot because they had good reviews and were cheaper for the features. I liked it so much I bought a second one for the second floor.

Ive had zero issues with pet hair on the new brush designs. Ive honestly had zero issues with them. The old Roomba would try and force itself under my bed and get wedged but the Neato doesnt do that (although to be safe I did create a virtual no-go zone anyway).

I let the downstairs run every other day and the upstairs (where the bedrooms are) Ill fire off when I leave the house, etc. Doing this every couple of days has a DRAMATIC impact on the overall dust and pet hair in the house. You still have to do a real cleaning to get anything not on the ground (and corners and areas they cant reach) but getting dirt/hair/dander off the floor means less to get kicked up nad landing on tables, etc.

Things to keep in mind? Keep stuff of the floor? That is really it. If something is on the floor the vac has to deal with that, and if its got strings like laces the vac will try and eat them. Also make sure doors are open/closed in a way the vac can open/close them on itself. I actually got magnetic door stoppers to hold doors fully open because of this (well that and I open the house a lot and doors would blow shut, etc).

Also, make sure your animal doesn't shit in the house. My exs fucking cat took a shit in the corner of my office and the vac hit it, thankfully I was home and caught it early else it would have just dragged it all over the damned house. Breaking up with her was half to get rid of that fucking cat.

I dont know about homekit, I know neato does google/amazon. I love being able to say "vacuum the house" when I leave for dinner and it runs both floors.
Appreciate 1
M_Six17062.50