View Single Post
      06-14-2023, 04:29 PM   #51
Toodalu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 & 19 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
When dealers do this, the name should be on whatever invoice made by bmw whenever a transaction like this was made. Because there has to be some sort of record for it.

Like oh Joe Schmo ordered a new key fob. Let’s look in the data base. Oh he ordered it June 1 2023, which one at bmw processed this? Oh it was Greg? Ok let’s go investigate this.

That’s how they would find out who at bmw is helping these thieves.

I would actually consider suing if I was the OP.
Not sure if all dealerships do this, however 10+ years ago when I was an ASE master Technician for Park Ave Acura & BMW, on the work order and on the customers copy, it shows the work performed, technician number and service advisor.

Til this day, when I get my BMW's serviced, it still shows this information on my signed copy. It's in the system, they can always look back and in some cases, go back many years of services.

I can't say with 100% this won't happen through Park Ave, (anything is possible), but i'm well known and friends with most there.

Just my 2 cents, maybe BMW should change their "New Key" policy, requiring the vehicle and owner to be present to order a key. Put in a loaner til the key comes in. I understand there will be an inconvenience to tow your vehicle to the dealership (if you're missing all keys), but it has to be better than walking out to your driveway and your vehicle is stolen and someone has your identity.
2022 M3 Competition XDrive
Appreciate 3
2011ninja3414.00
DO4441410.50