View Single Post
      10-15-2007, 03:36 PM   #19
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ster View Post
BMW can't win, can it? Should the car be affordable or nicely equipped? You can't have both at the same time. I think 6-speaker standard audio with a 10-speaker upgrade path is a great strategy for the 1er.

Some of us want to go with aftermarket audio solutions, anyway, and this way we don't have to rip out expensive components.
Again, since 1999 BMW got rid of "base" audio systems (no amp) in all their USA cars, and for a very good reason, I believe: once you break a certain price bracket, no "Best Buy" radio combo will do it.

Maybe you don't like it, but too many people -including me- pay attention to those little details/standard options at the time of purchasing. Does this will make me choose another car because of the number of speakers? No, but again, at a certain price bracket I expect a certain level of standard equipment. It is simple...

And about upgrading the BMW sound system, actually I do like the idea of the Logic 7 (Top HiFi) being optional in the 1 Series and the HiFi (10-speaker) being standard just because it is the HiFi the one that's very easy to upgrade while retaining the OEM HU. All the wiring is there, the location of all the 10 speakers are great, no digital interfacing, so any aftermarket amp/DSP processor and speakers can be installed without any MOST issues.
Appreciate 0