03-21-2022, 08:46 AM   #13
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
I dont have an M850ix but do have an M8 GC Comp and a G80 X Drive-- so this might be a little off vs what you easked but the M850iX is no slouch in performance.

The M8 is a big hammer that sledges and crushes the competition on the expressways and from a dig. Its very rapid in a straight line and can hold its own even with heft in the bigger bends. Its very luxurious inside with alcantara all over. I love it for what it is, a GT Cruiser or Crusher with a very unique look being the widest BMW ever made.

The G80 is the scalpel that out punches in its weight class. The chassis, steering, handling, all are exceptional for its heft and it really is a more fun car to drive and push than the M8's S63tu engine. The S63tu is easily driven fast while the S58 begs to be ripped to the redline. The interior has been bumped up over prior M3/4 iterations and the luxury is closer to the M8 but its still not there.

The M8 is quicker/faster but not as fun to drive and when I get out of one and into the other Im equally impressed. If I could only have one; I wont lie- its the G80. But thats kind of where Im at in my life and what I like to do in regards to real world street driving. Im glad I have both though.

Dude that G80 looks f-ing AMAZING.

And I like the 8 series BMW; but that color on the G80 is phenomenal. Great Vision on picking that color!!!
Appreciate 1
Vic5519581.00