VICG20M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Why pay MSRP which includes profit for the dealership when you can pay a fixed price from BMW and cut out the middleman?

Go online, build a car exactly how I want it, complete all paperwork and purchase it without having anyone slow the process down or try to upsell me things I don't want; that's a win IMO. It's not like dealerships are going away, you can still pay MSRP if you want.
lol

you realize what MSRP stands for right? the factory is going to slurp that extra profit right up.

not to mention you cut out the "middleman" and the manufacturer loses all benefits of having franchises.

the MSRP will go up and your car will be more expensive.

cutting out the middleman is a delusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Why pay MSRP which includes profit for the dealership when you can pay a fixed price from BMW and cut out the middleman?

Go online, build a car exactly how I want it, complete all paperwork and purchase it without having anyone slow the process down or try to upsell me things I don't want; that's a win IMO. It's not like dealerships are going away, you can still pay MSRP if you want.
lol

you realize what MSRP stands for right? the factory is going to slurp that extra profit right up.

not to mention you cut out the "middleman" and the manufacturer loses all benefits of having franchises.

the MSRP will go up and your car will be more expensive.

cutting out the middleman is a delusion.

Well said. Look at Tesla and they're prices now, look at a model 3 lease now. Did everyone forget the deals we used to get on new cars before Covid? Think that's possible when you buy direct from the manufacture when things get back to normal soon?
Appreciate 0