View Single Post
      05-13-2022, 07:41 AM   #35
PittsDriver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 3.5i, X5 M50i

I've bought a great many vehicles in my lifetime and I just don't get why people call them "stealerships" and get their underwear in a bunch over what happens in the business office. You guys know you have ALL the power and can just say "no" right? You don't have to buy anything that is offered in there and everything they offer to sell you there is negotiable anyway. I've purchased a Zurich extended warranty in the past for 50% less than what it was offered for simply by saying "no, not at that price."

I get that some people don't enjoy crafting a deal on a purchase and CarMax and others have made a successful business model on that fact. But I have never considered it poor business practice for a dealer to try to maximize their profit in every transaction because they have no power over me to pay anything I don't want to pay. And yes, they make the most money off of sheeple that just walk in and say "OK" to everything. Don't be sheeple.

And finally, if the vehicles are selling as fast as they can get them at the prices they're asking and with the practices they are using to upsell, then it's not them that has the problem. If people stop buying in that world, then it'll correct. Free markets are what they are...
Appreciate 3