05-12-2022, 08:43 PM   #31
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikotic View Post
I don't doubt it. I live about 6 miles from a pretty "popular" BMW dealer and I've specifically skipped over them for my last 2 BMWs and probably for my next as well.

My last car we bought entirely through phone call and overnighted contracts and it was the easiest vehicle transaction ever.

No sitting inside a dealership for 2-3 hours or "let me talk to my manager" nonsense. Just a couple emails and done.
Same here. Negotiated via email very easily and without giving or taking offense, then flew over with the wife, spent the weekend in Chicago and then drove the car home. The title showed up 3 weeks later, the plates another week later. Cheap, memorable and painless.

Meanwhile at the local “well reviewed dealer”, all I got was basically the test drive experience. I tried to buy from them on the principle they had spent time with me, but they didn’t have what I wanted in inventory, couldn’t swap me the car in from another dealer, wanted ADM to order a new car (with no delivery ETA) and had all sorts of nasty add-on fees.

Give me the painless online system at MSRP, heck I’ll even fly to Munich to pick up the car directly from the factory, no middleman needed. I’ve done it 6 times in the past…

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 1
sikotic488.00