View Single Post
      12-05-2021, 12:16 PM   #15
ty13r
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 G80 M3 (6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Im surprised this thread made it this far without someone telling everyone on here, BREMBOS ARE GOING TO SQUEAK AND MAKE NOISE. Take the car to Mexico, and do some 150-0 hard braking, and it will go away. It may come back from time to time.

If youre not even to your break in period, the brakes are still brand new. BMW had a lawsuit a few years ago on carbon ceramics doing the same thing. This isnt a Toyota Pruis. If you've ever had a car with Brembos, get used to it. I for one, do plenty of good stopping, and rarely have a noise problem, and my M4 has CCBs, with 1,900 miles on them.

I've heard it once or twice, but only in the last 5-10 feet of stopping, and it was only twice, so far. The first time it was so faint, I wasnt even sure if it was my car, that was even making the noise.

My advice, which combined with a $5 bill, may get you a cup of coffee, drive the car. If you're commuting in it, and never get it over highway speeds, youre in for a long, noisy ownership. There is no servicing to be done, its a combination of fine brake dust buildup between the pads and the rotors, that makes them squeal. You need to knock the dust off of them. Drive it.
Thanks for the tips and glad to hear it's normal. I plan on taking her to the track after I get through the break in period, hopefully that should help.
Limegrntaln13473.50