tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakystyly View Post
I go through 6-10 roundabouts daily, depending on the route, and couple are 3 lanes. They definitely decrease serious accidents but increase the frequency of an accident. Pedestrians get the short end of the stick with many drivers not watching for them at all.

Retrofitting them into city centers makes no sense. You need a large footprint (think about transport trucks turning too).
I found that part about increasing wrecks, just fewer fatal wrecks was interesting. Saving lives is important, but in all honesty I’m not sure how I feel about the increase in wrecks overall. That increases inconvenience and costs, both repair and insurance, for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Thought this was interesting about cities with the most dangerous drivers:

And more...

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/car-i...ivers-by-city/
They must have not driven in Chicagoland. The drivers here are the absolute worst of anywhere I have ever driven. I lived in Fort Worth for seventeen years and I didn’t have any big problems with the drivers there. I’ve always experienced frustration with other drivers everywhere I’ve lived, but over the last two years of having to drive almost every day in Chicagoland I have actually grown to hate Chicago drivers and I’ve never felt that way about an entire group of drivers before. I have much less “common courtesy” with incompetent drivers here than I used to have just two years ago.

I grew up in Lubbock which is about 70 miles from New Mexico and they would all come to Lubbock on the weekends to go shopping. I developed a cardinal rule that I would NEVER drive behind a car with a yellow New Mexico license plate!! New Mexico drivers drive slower than you can possibly imagine. They seem to think they are always driving on twisty New Mexico mountain roads, even when they are on the flat as a board high plains of Texas.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

Last edited by tturedraider; 02-27-2024 at 04:04 PM..
Appreciate 0