View Single Post
      10-12-2022, 12:51 PM   #2398
amrh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3Cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfit View Post
You have to do what works for you but leasing works for me big time. In normal times and if my car gets hit, I give it back and the bank takes the hit. Years ago, X5s were auctioning for 10 under residual. These days I have them buy out my lease early. Grabbed $6,000 or so last year and $8,000 Monday on a trade. But again, I wouldn't tell someone how to spend their money.
Yes, I completely agree with you. I prefer to lease, specifically for the reason of the car getting hit and not taking a diminished value hit on the car. Plus, I get bored with cars after about 18-24 months. I simply transfer the lease with cash upfront. BMW makes it so easy to transfer a lease.

However, I don't want a $1,500 monthly payment. Unfortunately, with a lease, that's where it would be at with little money down. As well, I don't want to put thousands down on a lease - as we all know why that isn't ideal. If I'm putting thousands down to get my payment to where I want it to be, it makes sense to buy it - I think.
Appreciate 0