LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
Actually there is a difference. When speaking to someone on the phone if something unfolds unexpectedly in front of you requiring your undivided attention the person you're talking with does not stop talking. This can be quite distracting.

If something unfolds unexpectedly and you're speaking with a person in the passenger seat you both stop talking and you both have full attention to the situation at hand.
For me, I just tune the person out when this happens. In person or on the phone it doesn’t matter. My attention and focus is on the road. I can always ask them to repeat it whatnot once I feel like I can pay them attention again.

My passengers in the car don’t always see the same things that require my attention so they don’t always respond as such. For instance, I see a car weaving through traffic in my rear view cutting into very closely and sloppy about it too coming up on my bumper. I will focus my attention instantly on evasion paths and where I can move to that would minimize issues with that car…

Although people in the car and respond to the stuff you’re seeing they aren’t watching anywhere near as much stuff as you are.

If you can’t instantly tune out though then you shouldn’t be on the phone and you shouldn’t let passengers talk to you while driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNYC1919 View Post
The bmw graphics are nice in the hud Navi. But doesn't bmw Navi for traffic and directions suck compared to Apple and google maps ?
For me, BMW navigation is spot on with its traffic information and directions are pretty solid too.

I know BMW pulls in data from BMW cars and others on the road so it may vary by how many BMWs are in your area. In Philly we’re not far from BMWNA headquarters so we have a high share of BMWs on the road and that might play a role

Even the BMW parking map constantly shows BMWs leaving street parking in Philly…
Appreciate 1
DNYC1919478.00