First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavRick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava777 View Post
Here is my journey with the Main Bearing code STOP0221954. Might get lengthy, but hopefully provides additional insight into the issue.
Been religiously tracking my vehicle progress since day 1 and as of 10/9 my vehicle did not have ANY Stop Sale issues according to BMW Genius, my SA, and the vin number look up websites. I saw this thread on Saturday morning and looked up my VIN number immediately. Sure enough, I had the code STOP0221954 and ALSO 0061070600 (BDC). My vehicle arrived at the California port 10/6 and had a dealer delivery date of 10/13 (today). Obviously my car has a Stop Sale and it is still stuck at the VPC.
The main point about all this is, I checked my Vin number again today and i no longer show the Main Bearing code STOP0221954 only the BDC code. Any else seeing this? Could this be good news or did this just add more uncertainty to the mix?
My SA has also been saying from the start that my vehicle was not affected by the bearing issue but i have screen shots from the bmw recall tool website and the BMW UK website (not working for me anymore) showing the bearing issue code.
My SA did also finally confirmed i have a Stop Sale but said its not for the bearing rather for the stereo.
I guess my question is….and I haven't been through the thread since the recall site came back up…is ANYONE showing the bearing recall, now? Because if they aren't, BMW may have just scrubbed it from their system and have it protected so that only authorized folks can see it.
The UK site is still down. When I tried Alex_Bond tool, nothing shows up anymore but I was confirmed the other day by BMW customer relations that I have it. Based on what I've read from others, I don't think anyone is able to currently view that they have it but I'm confident (with no real proof) that it still exists but is being hidden. Just my 2c
Appreciate 1