Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 535i MSport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Adaptive View Post
This thread has definitely gotten out of hand. This recall only effects a small number of cars during a small window of production. It's not wide spread. Also this is definitely nothing like the rod bearing issues that plagued every single E9X M3, we're talking maybe two hundred cars possibly effected. BMW is obviously aware and they will remedy the situation for their customers. Will this suck to go through if you have this recall…YES, but BMW will 100% get this issue fixed and this will be forgotten in a year. Let's all calm down, this news never should have been given to the public on a Friday but what can you do. We'll know more next week. Everyone have a great weekend!
Let me see: I spend $100K on a new car and the dealer needs to pull the engine before I take delivery. Sales guy that has worked at the dealer for 3 months says do not worry about it. All good since the oil change guy has been promoted to a tech and he says BMW warranty will cover any issues. I feel for the people that are impacted. This is a big deal.
What will be an even bigger deal, is if it gets extended. Was it just a few hundred bearing sets that were out of spec or more?

I used to own an E36 328i SE that had a short block under warranty due to the bore wear issue (Alusil/Nickasil) which was blamed on high sulphur fuels. Also affected a friends E39 528i. With that one, some of dealers got good at the work and looked for the issue in cars that were in for service. They spotted mine through rough idle.

This debacle did get them some bad press though, as they were slow to react when the first cars started having issues.
No. The E36 328 was an iron block inline 6 cylinder.

The nikasil block issues were only the M60 B30 and B40, which were aluminum block V8s in the 530, 540/740/840.

If you're going to spread BS at least have the right application. Some of us here know the truth and will call you out on it.
Appreciate 3