10-10-2021, 08:24 AM   #240
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDave View Post
Wow, this thread is going nuts. Everything from the G80 haters finding new ways to slam the car to folks losing their minds and thinking they should park the cars indefinitely.

I'm lucky that so far, my car isn't affected but if it were (and maybe it will be) I'll keep driving it and deal with it when the time comes. Now…if I had an affected car that I hadn't signed the paperwork for…that's a different story. I don't think I would accept a car with a potentially major engine issue.

All of the talk about "That's why I never buy a first year car" or "wait for the LCI" is dumb. 1. You could be dead tomorrow. 2. A lot of things change with the LCI cars which could introduce a new set of variables to go wrong. I bought what was an essential LCI AMG C63, it was a lemon so that doesn't always help.

G80 haters, quit looking for new ways to bash the car. You've got folks who put their money down and are stressed and you're just sneaking dumb derogatory comments in at their expense. BMW engine issues are not limited to this car and you know it.

Fellow G80 owners who are stressed, do your best to let go of this until you've got more information…information that you can actually take action on. If you've got an inbound car…I wouldn't sign the papers to take ownership. My 2 cents and good luck to us all.
Avoiding a first year model and newer engine is not dumb. Statistically higher chance of having issues. Wouldn't keep me from pulling the trigger myself but it's certainly not a "dumb" assessment. Everyone had a different tolerance of risk.
Appreciate 3
Dabozo624.50
3RDSECTOR486.50