06-30-2021, 09:53 PM   #75
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektechlive View Post
Just got the following emailed to me from MY SA. This is applicable to any 2022 (new MY) M3/M4. its a long way off so I'm not worried but wanted to make you all aware.
============

Thank you for submitting a Performance Center Delivery reservation for XXXXXXXXXXXX. Unfortunately, this vehicle, production number XXXXXX, is a new model year vehicle and we cannot provide a delivery date at this time. Every year EPA and CARB Certifications, which are issued by the government, must be obtained for every new model year vehicle and BMW NA must receive those certifications before a vehicle can be delivered to a customer. An Engineering Data hold as well as a Release hold will be placed on this vehicle once it reaches production status 155 (see example shown below). Neither of these holds will be removed until BMW NA receives the necessary certifications from the appropriate government agencies.

We have also recently seen extended delays in shipment for vehicles that are shipping from Europe and before we can provide a tentative delivery date for Mr.XXXXXXXXXXXX we must wait for the vehicle to be assigned an ETA for arrival to the U.S. port and for both the Engineering Data and the Release holds to be removed. If the Engineering Data and Release holds have not been removed by the time the vehicle arrives at the U.S. port it will remain at the Vehicle Distribution Center (VDC) / Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) until the certifications have been received and both holds have been removed. This vehicle cannot be shipped to your BMW Retail Center or to the BMW Performance Center until both holds have been removed.
They can't give a PCD date until the car is at least to the US port. Too many variables before that point, and even still some at that point. I think my car sat at the US port for 1-2 weeks
Appreciate 1