View Single Post
      03-12-2021, 02:43 PM   #63
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave12285 View Post
I'm 6' 190-195lbs. I got to check them out yesterday. Some context of my personal preferences...
I've always enjoyed a high bolstered, adjustable backed seat. Adjustable and two piece are important. Not looking for a fixed bucket in a daily driver or street car. I loved the Recaros in my Evo X back in the day and have always been pretty disappointed with most seating options available in performance cars since, especially because the seats seem to be getting flatter and wider as the average American gets, well, wider. The Recaros in my friends GT350 I think are great, and cloth, which is amazing. I have a CS now and the seats are above average. The thing that has always lacked in most performance cars for me is the lack of the high bottom bolster. Even if the upper bolsters are pretty good, which is the case with my CS in my opinion, the thigh area is still very low.
Fast forward to the new optional M3/4 seats. Finally, a well bolstered seat that has an adjustable back. I think both the upper and lower bolsters are just right and the seats have no issues with comfort in relation to cushioning. The upper bolster is adjustable which makes it more universally fitting for folks of different upper body sizes. The bottom bolsters are a perfect height and make getting in and out easy enough and better than you'll find from any fixed bucket. The only thing that was confusing to me was the little piece in the center of the bottom portion, between your legs. It seems like they tried to raise that portion a bit to make your legs fit into a "channel". I just didn't get it and found it to be unnecessary and intrusive. I'd probably get over it after a few drives but I wish it didn't exist. Other than that bottom portion, or if you're an above average sized person, I couldn't imagine not getting these seats. I wish more cars had a seat option like this for performance enthusiasts. These are much more supportive than any optional seat in the US, that I know of, from Mercedes, Audi, etc. It's a great balance in between the option seats on many performance cars and a Porsche fixed bucket. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback. What I have read and seen in videos is the CF piece on the "leg divider" comes off and allows you to hook in a 5 point harness. That's why it's there.
Appreciate 0