View Single Post
      02-23-2021, 01:29 PM   #51
rak299
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 6MT

I was able to sit in 2 cars today: a G80 with "normal" seats and a G82 with CF seats. It turns out that everything I knew was wrong. Before I got in I was sure that the CF seats were not an option for me. My wife has mobility issues due to a long-term problem. On our way to see the car, we joked that if she got into a bucket, we would need to have a sunroof so we could hoist her out. I have VERY long legs so that when I am in my F30, my legs need to sit awkwardly around the steering wheel making ingress and egress difficult now. I was sure I wouldn't be able to get in or out with the CF seats. My wife could get in and out more easily than on our current car as she could press down on the rigid side of the seat to get support. I simply moved the driver's seat all the way back and the seat fit perfectly. I seemed to have a lot more leg room. I guess that the thinner seat lets me move my butt back farther. I don't know how the car would be on a long trip, but both of us found the bucket-type seats to provide better support that the sport seats in the F30. BTW, neither of us is especially "wide".
Appreciate 3
Transfer5255.00
TargaM22491.00
EXE462100.00