Rep
Drives: EB440xiGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mospeada View Post
i have this for my righ https://nextlevelracing.com/products...lator-cockpit/

then fanatec BMW v2.5 wheel setup, and v3 inverted pedal

computer with good GPU and just got samsung odyssey g9.

it's a fantastic setup. i used to drive it on my desk with tracks i go to - glen, VIR, summit, etc. then now i'm full sim racing. can't tell you how beneficial it is. to be able to race and learn every day whenever i want. it took my driving to a whole new level ina short period of time
I was looking at that rig but I have heard it moves too much with direct drive wheels.
I have the Accuforce and even at 13Nm of torque it plenty strong to vibrate any setup that isn't super stiff. I was in the shop and heard 2 customers regret getting cockpits that aren't super stiff. I recommend the aluminum extrusion setups as they are super stiff and super flexible in setup types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommysalami View Post
Skip the fanatec clubsport wheel and go with accuforce. Much better value for the price range, being direct drive vs the clubsport belt drive. I have the clubsport 2.5 wheel and wish I got accuforce. Clubsport pedals are the way to go though. The fanatec shifter is really nice as well. For the rig, there are a few companies that sell 80/20 kits that are probably the best option for a rigid setup.

That being said you can get just as familiar with the tracks with a cheap logitech wheel mounted to a desk. The better wheel and pedals will be more for if you're intending to sim race competitively and improve your driving more as they'll provide a little more realistic feedback.

I suggest trying VR as well as you'll feel more at-home on track as though you're actually there. The ability to turn your head and look to apexes is great
The Accuforce is priced so close to the Fanatec Clubsport that it should elicit a serious look. The direct drive gives so much more feedback and than you add the Sim Commander 4 software and it really is a no brainer if you have a stiff enough cockpit to handle the DD steering wheel.
Appreciate 0