United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 Base

Garage List
2024 BMW M4  [10.00]
2024 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Lmao, what absolute drivel and nonsense. Please don't post things like this and present it as fact - it isn't. The stock clutch on the 6MT can handle well north of 500wtq, which is far more than the Comp models make in stock guise. BMW simply wants to sell more Comp models because they're charging more for it and there's less wear 'n tear on an automatic vs. manual so less visits from clients at their service centres, so they've fed this narrative of "the 6MT makes less power because it can't handle the torque!" so more gullible people buy the Comp models. Nothing against the ZF8/Comp models, but BMW has deliberately detuned the base model just to sell fewer of them. This is the same reason why they refuse to make version of the 6MT with AWD - more people would buy it and less profits for them vs people buying Comp xDrive versions.

I was on the most aggressive map on RaceChip and had no clutch slip issues. I was also on an OTS bootmod3 map with no clutch slip issues (10-15k miles in). It wasn't until I was pushing close to 600wtq on a custom map where my clutch started to slip, so please - stop peddling BMW's bs.

Edit: I'll concede that more power will shorten the life of the stock clutch, but making the same power as the Comp models wouldn't constitute a night and day difference in terms of miles. It's purely for marketing and $$$ reasons.
You may be right. My data comes from a lot of what I read here. Multiple threads where people say this and when I was looking my SA told me the same thing. If you have harder data I stand corrected.
Appreciate 0