kamichael
BMW M on my mind
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22 M3, 23 M2, 24 X5 50e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Adaptive View Post
This thread has definitely gotten out of hand. This recall only effects a small number of cars during a small window of production. It’s not wide spread. Also this is definitely nothing like the rod bearing issues that plagued every single E9X M3, we’re talking maybe two hundred cars possibly effected. BMW is obviously aware and they will remedy the situation for their customers. Will this suck to go through if you have this recall…YES, but BMW will 100% get this issue fixed and this will be forgotten in a year. Let’s all calm down, this news never should have been given to the public on a Friday but what can you do. We’ll know more next week. Everyone have a great weekend!
I would go further on this note by adding that this is most likely not a design/engineering defect. It seems to be on a relatively small number of cars that had a manufacturing defect within the engine. People need to take a second and not make this into more than it is, given the current information. I do feel bad for those apparently effected, but we should wait for more details. It may come down to an inspection and even fewer cars needing any type of repair. We just cannot say for certain yet. My car was in the first week of production for 2022 (week 27) and so far appears not to be flagged. So, I have some skin in the game on this issue as I own a car near or within the timeframe listed.

Last edited by kamichael; 10-10-2021 at 01:53 PM..
Appreciate 0