Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holset View Post
The S58 has been on the market for some time now and it's not the first time the S58 has had a bearing recall.
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1777823

What's up with these damn bearings?
The thread mensions Rod Bearings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyS View Post
Let me see: I spend $100K on a new car and the dealer needs to pull the engine before I take delivery. Sales guy that has worked at the dealer for 3 months says do not worry about it. All good since the oil change guy has been promoted to a tech and he says BMW warranty will cover any issues. I feel for the people that are impacted. This is a big deal.
This is the same situation Im in. Its the problem with being a realist. The car is still at the port. BMW VIN is claiming my car isnt affected, but it falls right in the middle of the timeframe of the VINs affected. And Ive just dealt with so many dealers that dont know what theyre doing. The swear their techs are the best in their company, well, how do you scratch my leather steering wheel, gouge my center cosole, and scratch my window tint, all in one oil change visit?

I also agree that this motor has been out a few years, and in other models, however, this motor is supposed to have the forged crank that the XM didnt originally come with, so, right there, those are going to be different main bearings. As long as they arent removing my motor, and taking the car, apart, Ill still probably take delivery, since my VIN isnt showing affected.
Yes but it still is bearings and there been alot of problems and recalls with them.
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13406.00
MannyS357.00