03-30-2021, 10:14 AM   #86
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberius View Post
Does anybody know what time do i get assigned VIN? i got
scheduled production in week 15 - slot confirmed. Did dealer notify you what is the VIN number prior your delivery or you had to dig it up by yourselves?

thank you!
You will be assigned a VIN when you enter the "production begins" state. You can see this in the My BMW website or by calling the BMW Genius everyday and seeing where your vehicle stands. Your dealer could also help but the website and Genius are the easiest for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdrid View Post
I check mine first thing in the morning and randomly throughout the day. Definitely obsessed. Mine has been at Production Begins for about a week now, I called Genius and they gave me a completion date of April 14th. Not sure I've been this excited or anxious for something like this in a long time!
LOL! Yup your not alone buddy! It's a great time for all of us right now and were all obsessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpippolo View Post
I check daily. The website says I'm scheduled for production, but when I call the BMW Genius line it says "scheduled for production with no confirmed production date" which I don't get. Either its scheduled or it isn't, and this seems to qualify as "it isn't" (but they're thinking hard about scheduling, I guess)

Planning Performance Center delivery and then five or six days of sightseeing and driving (will have to take it into the dealer for the 1200-mile service when I get home). I'm eager to have an idea of when it will be delivered to the Performance Center so I can block out my calendar with vacation.

I've seen mention of the website being behind actual status. Is that confirmed?
It is scheduled for production they just don't have a confirmed date due to many variables. It won't be long as it's the same for everyone. I was scheduled for production on March 12th and production began on March 22nd.

And yes the website can be behind what's actually happening. Once it gets to production begins the Genius line will give you an estimated completion date.
Appreciate 0