01-26-2021, 04:38 PM   #87
ABenLauda
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcali86 View Post

My theory is they don't like change, which is what the new M3 and M4 is, so they go to a nice safe option of a Porsche, which has not and probably never will change its design.

Go buy a Porsche if you can't accept the new design, the grille is not changing and we won't miss you here. I truly hope you love whatever car you get instead and it makes you happy, just stop trying to suck the joy out of everyone that loves the design and direction of the new G8X models, some of us love it and love talking to others about it without the constant rhetoric in every damn thread
Evolutionary changes are important in maintaining a brand's identity. Newer Porsches do look like they "evolved" from older Porches and that's part of their timeless design. Always has. Always will be. Porsche got to where they are now, not just because they didn't change (looks) much.

The G8x looks like a mishmash of a Lexus and a Mustang with a BMW and I wouldn't call this timeless/evolution.

It's not like there are many driving reviews out there of the G8x so that we can have other (non looks related) discussions.

Before you all come at me with pitchforks, if I had the money, I'd have a F82 GTS and a GT3RS in my garage.