View Single Post
      01-26-2021, 02:31 PM   #85
Giggler
Banned
Rep
Drives: 20' M340i, 24' X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco View Post
Ok I've made clear comparisons between the cars which you can ignore, I'd take a 992 with zero options over that panda-pig any day That's my opinion sorry if you don't agree.

My point all along is that a base 992 will DRIVE better than the new m4 so as a performance / sports car with 4 seat it will drive better, ignoring all the tech and Options bells and whistles you lot seem to love, we know both Porsche and BMW are terrible for this.

I love BMW's and own and have owned half a dozen myself but I won't blindly support a brand that has lost its way so badly in terms of design aesthetics and driving dynamics.

People can Bury their heads, I never in fact said the 911 had to be brand new of course the second hand market and approved used markets provide even more options, but the fact that you can buy a BASE 992 for the same money as a "fully loaded" m4 is still shocking to me. The 718 GTS is cheaper than the BASE M4 (although it's a two seater) so you could make a case their if you didn't need 4 seats, and it won't have a massive pig snout slapped on the front.

If you need to justify the huge expense of buying an ugly, overpriced & overweight car that won't drive as well for other things in that price range then go ahead, just don't expect people not to disagree.
I wonder how many headaches you are responsible for with your adolescent nonsensical blabbering on what is clearly an apples to oranges comparison of two cars that are not meant to be direct competitors. You really should just go buy your Porsche and be done with it.

The closest Porsche comparison to an ~$85KUSD loaded M3/4 X-Drive competition in terms of overall power and performance will be the base $122KUSD Carrera 4S. The 100-200kmh top end acceleration (the truest measure of power and acceleration) for the 4700lbs BMW X3M Comp on the German Autobahn in 10.14s and the 992 Carrera does it in 10.18s. So in terms of top end, the base 992 has the same performance as an X3M. The G8X is going to weight about 700lbs less with better aerodynamics, so the same powertrain should easily be in the 8's for 100-200kmh which would be in league with the 992C4S.

All that aside, there should be no argument that the true direct German competitors to this car in terms of chassis configuration, powertrain, drivetrain, driving dynamics and overall use scenario are the C63S (front engine multipurpose track/daily driver platform, similar power/weight/price no AWD) and the RS5 (front engine multipurpose track/daily driver platform, similar weight/price/AWD but down on power).

The 992, like all cars in the rear engine class, would arguably not be considered a true daily driver due to lack of rear seating and poor interior/small frunk utility space. APPLES AND ORANGES... GTFO WITH YOUR COMPLETELY INANE COMPARISON, I NEED TO GO TAKE A TYLENOL.

Last edited by Giggler; 01-26-2021 at 03:32 PM..
Appreciate 3
Transfer5254.00
Scorp!on1511.50