Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco View Post
Well no those prices are not assumptions they are imperical data that anyone can find, I've driven a 992 so I know (subjectively of course) how that drives, I've driven the previous gen m4 and more recently an m440i, I own an F36 440i Gran coupe with RWD, & a b58 lump. And yes I haven't driven the latest m4 But my assumptions about the next gen car are not without context or reference so stop insulting me and do some reading and drive some cars. the car is heavy, if it's a thing like the recent Bmw 3 and 4 series on which it is based the electronic steering in BMW's are miles behind Porsche's. The point is if you have 90K to drop on a sports car why would you even consider the m4 especially when it had a face only a mother could love. You can get an m5 comp for god sake, wake up.
Where did I say the prices are assumptions?
I said in the UK you have different prices than in CH and that is a fact. I actually checked the UK prices before my last post and yes you are right, but still the car has nothing in it and you compare it with a FULL loaded M4. (just an example...carbon roof ist standard on the M4, Porsche not).
So you basically compare apples with bananas.
Of course the Porsche is a ultimate driver car, nobody is EVER going to say something else but you can say what you want it is a total different price range! The only one in the price range of the M3/M4 (at least in Switzerland) is the Cayman GT4. And I don't have to tell you the practicality of this car...

you don't have to like the new M3/M4 on how they look. Jesus even the driving feeling is a thing of taste and subjective but the price may be "high" but in the segment where BMW is the competitors are on the same level. And the competitors are Mercedes, Audi etc. and not Porsche.
Porsche is a complete different world.

In the end you get a lot of bang for bucks with BMW. That's how the car industrie is going on and if you want 500BHP and all the little gadgets and plaything and adaptive suspension etc. etc. etc. you pay this price, no matter which brand.

The price is the same, you said it yourself and it's published information to within 1 or 2 thousand pounds in the uk, glad you agree with me.

the m4 is a 3 door sports car with relative practicality, and 4 seats - same as the 992 then, the comparison is strikingly similar. Which begs the comparison and why I chose that car in my initial response.

An m4 is a track focused sports car, you don't by an m4 for tech, or gadgets, you could just get a fully loaded 5 series if that was the case. You by it to DRIVE, the Porsche is the ultimate drivers car (your words) and Porsche is in a league above BMW, (again your words).

So, in your words the 911 is a better sports car AND you agree they cost the same?

Maybe you should give up proving my exact points for me and bore off.

Remember arguing on the internet is like gold at the special olympics, even if you win it's still retarded.