Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco View Post
*sigh, a 992 Carrera S (not base) is £93.2K list.

The m4 comp is £76K base and £92K with all the options. for a 4 series.......

The 992 might be down in pure power terms but since when did that alone make a car good to drive? The 911 as a driving tool will be hands down Better, and better engineered. And more desirable and hold its value better and not look like it fell out the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
seems like UK has different prices than CH.
But interesting how you compare a fully loaded M4 with a not fully loaded 992, makes totally sense.

And how do you know how the M4 will drive? have you tried it yet?

and everything else is just speculation, you don't know if and how these cars will hold their value.

So in the end all you do is compare like crap and assume something without knowing. Awesome!
Well no those prices are not assumptions they are imperical data that anyone can find, I've driven a 992 so I know (subjectively of course) how that drives, I've driven the previous gen m4 and more recently an m440i, I own an F36 440i Gran coupe with RWD, & a b58 lump. And yes I haven't driven the latest m4 But my assumptions about the next gen car are not without context or reference so stop insulting me and do some reading and drive some cars. the car is heavy, if it's a thing like the recent Bmw 3 and 4 series on which it is based the electronic steering in BMW's are miles behind Porsche's. The point is if you have 90K to drop on a sports car why would you even consider the m4 especially when it had a face only a mother could love. You can get an m5 comp for god sake, wake up.