View Single Post
      10-19-2020, 09:01 AM   #88
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
There's no denying that winter tires on an AWD will outperform winter tires on a RWD...but RWD is certainly enough. I ski a lot and it's never been an issue. I used to drive S4's and RS4's. The F80 (I've had 2 of them) and subsequent rides I took in E9x M3s) made me regret the 15 years I spent in Audi's. AWD is, in my very informed and educated opinion, overrated.

The G80 in manual will be more fun than the G80 NOT in manual. I don't think many 6MT drivers are disputing that. Of course I want more torque and power, but like I said, like you said, like we all said, that's what tuning is for.

Your initial post was all pissed off and was constructed in the aftermath of the reveal, when a lot of people were upset about a lot of sh*t. I get it, it is what it is.
Hahaha I think your last sentence sums up what really happened here. Looking back I see the tone a bit more which I didn't notice at first. I'm not unhappy with the outcome as at least some of this thread was worthy discussion, but I promise I didn't mean to just flat out troll everyone. . .

I do in my own way just see a dark motive, just like when everyone tells us 9/10 cars sold are automatics. . . This makes sense when 99/100 cars aren't even offered in manual in the first place, and the 1 that is has other intrinsic benefits built in if you don't order the manual version.

Market research is one thing, and skewing it to your own production goals is something else entirely. We're 100% in the grey area as manual enthusiasts because there is definitely an agenda towards streamlining. Of course it costs car manufacturers less to have one transmission offered - it also costs less not to offer 500 overlapping 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 series cars and small SUVs that pinch of each others own markets.

Options are good for the consumer, but sometimes too many just waters everything down. I think there are a whole lot of other options with lower take rates than the MT which are still offered, so let's start by applying cost savings through their removal.

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 1