View Single Post
      10-16-2020, 02:16 PM   #84
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by codestar View Post
Thanks for the reply. The winter part is definitely one worry (if you've ever seen the show Highway to Hell that highway is what separates me from my family most Christmases) but for those trips I'll be using an SUV from here on out anyways. The part that worries me most is wet weather; Van is rainy and miserable for a considerable portion of the year. The video posted today with Chris Harris puts it nicely where he says every m3 owner's worst nightmare is pulling up next to an rs4 in pouring rain and watching it zoom off in the distance while you're squirrelly seeing the traction light flashing and not moving.

I really don't care about the HP/tq hit in the manual as much as I wish I could have the AWD strictly for the extra traction in all weather scenarios, not just when it's sunny out. Which is why I'm sad and torn on letting go of my mt xdrive f32 for the mt rwd g80. The g80 will blow my car out of the water in pretty much every other aspect except for the AWD, which in my eyes is the most important one
Michelin Pilot Alpin winter tires my man...who needs 4 wheels when you have amazing winter tires. They help in the wet as well.

I run PS4S during the non-winter season (April to November) on my M3 CS (the tire the G80 comes with) and find they handle heavy rain beautifully.
Appreciate 2
codestar180.50
JTO245276.00