Avaley
Captain
Rep
Drives: f32 430ix & 982 GT4 PDK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
What a strange and untrue point of differentiation. 6MT Dead for "PURISTS."

Have you owned or driven an F8x in 6MT? Have you owned or driven an M2 Comp in 6MT? Are you aware that, on a very limited production model, BMW decided to keep the 6MT on the M2 CS?

Can you explain what you're basing this on?

I have driven a GT4 in manual, by the way. Fantastic car, wish I had more than 20 min in it. It's a pure sports car, and not created in the same spirit as any of the cars I mentioned above.

My first F80 (not the piece of sh*t CS with a DCT I have now) was by far the most fun and practical 6MT I've ever owned in 20 years of driving 6MT.
I'm not saying 6 MT is dead. I'm saying the new cars will be gross to a lot of purists as in they only gave 6MT to the castrated lowered powered models.

Ive driven M2C DCT and M3 6mt. I have no qualms about the current cars being great purist cars and honestly loved the F80 6MT, but to call the new BMW lineup from here on out purist car is being generous.

By dead I mean BMW's core market for G8x is clearly no longer the 6MT RWD "PURIST" buyers and that Porsche will pick up some of the hardcore drivers who don't want a compromised manual car.
Appreciate 1
maelfyn156.50