View Single Post
      11-25-2021, 08:02 AM   #13
Barathon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
That's what happened also to me. Traded in my M140i end august (beacuse my delaer told me that the car should have arrived in two weeks/mid sept.) Then, the nightmare began. I was told mid sept. that the car was pushed to week 40, then 47. At that point, I started to look to find out a daily car, as my old e39 is not that young to allow me to run in every day for a long distance (it has 24 years and over 520k kms on its shoulders...) so, looking here and there, the saga finished rebuying my old car, the M140i. Then the "delay saga" still continues. From 47 to 49....and I already know that my car probably will be delayed to next year due to the 3 days production stop that will affect munich plant at the beginning of next month due to lack of parts.

What a lot of us are experiencing is the lack of honesty and comunication from our dealers. In my opinion the thruth is always something to tell to a customer, in order to avoid any kind of problems in the future. My SA, his GM, and BMW Italy its own...aren't giving me any kind of support and information abiut what is causing several delays on my order, and when I'll receive my car mostly. What is really annoying me is that the few infos I'm having is from a friend who works at munich plant.....when the dealer should give me all the infos and datas without asking for them several times.....and most of the time....without having an answer.

So, in my opinion....don't do anything. You can loan something maybe.....but pay attention to what a delaer promise you.
The good thing for the M240i is after all is said and done, I'm only paying slightly more a month for it than for the X4, the X4 is out of warranty and my plan was to keep a second car that I would use in the winter, bad weather and when I am driving somewhere and want to keep the miles on the M3 down. So having the M240i with a full warranty, that is also fun to drive and I won't mind when I drive it over the M3 is good. I didn't put anything down for the M240i and could always back out if things don't go as the dealership said. If I was losing a bunch of money on swapping the X4 to the M240 I wouldn't do it but since I am actually selling it for more than what I bought it for I don't mind.... This market is nuts. Plus who knows if the Market stays like this I could potentially sell the M240i after the winter and when M3 winter wheels are available again and make money on the M240.
Appreciate 0