View Single Post
      11-25-2021, 05:43 AM   #10
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barathon View Post
So I've posted a little about this before but I think I may have officially gone insane. Today I chose to play the manufacturing waiting game yet again.

Here is my saga.

I've owned a 2015 M3, 2016 M3 Comp and then a 2020 X4M Comp. I regretted selling the M3 and while I enjoyed the X4M it just didn't connect with me the way the M3 did.

So I made a plan to order a new M3 xDrive as soon as you could put them in the order bank. When I got the word that I could in June, I went in and placed my order, I made a grave mistake in listening to the CA there. They said they needed to do an early trade in on the X4M to give me the price that they were offering. They said that I would have the M3 by Oct/Nov.

So then I decided that I would get a "beater" as my interim and winter car, I bought a 2015 SQ5 but quickly found that the tech was so outdated and the car didn't really do anything for me even though I had always wanted an SQ5. Grave mistake #2. So then I traded that SQ5 into the dealership that I had my M3 on order for to be used as a second trade in and bought a 2017 X4 M40i.

That's a good car, there is nothing wrong with it.

Fast forward a couple of months and the dealership had lied and they didn't get nor could get an allocation. So I made the choice to switch dealerships. (Bye bye ~$6,500 in tax credit for the trade ins �� )

The new dealership had an allocation and I got my production number immediately. I got delayed a couple of times like everyone. Then the car got stuck in QC, then took a week to get from the factory to Bremerhaven, it's been there almost a week and still isn't assigned to a ship. It also has the RAM stop sale on it so bye bye hopes of getting it this year.

Then about 2 weeks ago the first dealership sent me a letter offering me an insane price to sell them my X4 M40i. Me being the sick individual that I am, I had already been playing the what else is out there game instead of the X4 (because I still haven't received my M3 to get my fix) I figured out that I would buy my buddies better spec'd lower miles X4 M40i and then went to sell the dealership my car. Yep despite them saying over the phone that the price was good with my milage and everything, when I showed up they said that they were wrong and offered me $3K less. Well screw them (BMW of Dayton Ohio btw.. I'd stay away) I left.

But now I have the itch really really bad for a new winter "beater" and when I got a survey email from the GM of the dealership, I told him how disappointed I was with their dealership again after giving them another shot and said that if they could get me an M240i by Christmas and come up another $1K on the offer for the X4 we could try to repair our relationship. I gave them my must haves and preferences thinking they could trade for one rather than order one.

No dice, GM said they can't get any cars, mentioned that none of the people that were behind my on the M3 list ever got an allocation (glad I didn't keep waiting!) and while he'd love to make the deal he knew he would just disappoint me again.

I still have the itch, it's bad. I've researched the M240i, I like it, I want it for my winter car. I call every dealership in the country with one listed with anywhere near the spec I want.. no luck none available.

I find a black one, not spec'd to my taste in Cincinnati, not far away from me. Start talking to them about it, long story short they had an allocation in 111 for a M240i, I didn't want to wait that long. They make a trade with another dealership for a car in 112 status.. it's mine. They give me a good offer for the X4 M40i. I don't know what to say, I must be a psychopath or have some other mental issue/mid life crisis I don't know.

Long story short, I now have a 2022 M3 Competition xDrive in the port of Bremerhaven and a 2022 M240i xDrive in 112 status for my "WINTER BEATER!"

Yet somehow I think some of you will understand.

2022 M3 Competition xDrive
San Marino Blue
Fjord Blue Full Merino
825M Bi-Color
Executive Package
Driver Assistance Pro Package
Parking Assistance Package
Carbon Fiber Trim
Carbon Fiber Exterior Package
M Shadowline Lights
Front Vented Seats
Red Calipers
I also already have the Carbon Fiber side markers and IND painted roundels waiting to go on and it's scheduled for PPF and ceramic coating.

2022 M240i xDrive
Thundernight Metallic
Black Vernasca Leather with Blue Contrast stitching
Premium Package
Parking Assistance Package
Shadowline Package
Drive Recorder
Harmon Kardon
Illuminated M Trim
Remote Engine Start
Wireless Charging

I really hope I get this raise they keep telling me about