View Single Post
      10-21-2021, 09:45 PM   #681
Mjanisse
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 CS

Driving my G80 everyday and loving it. Yes my car is on the list and I don't expect anything more than the proper fix with the least amount of inconvenience and no damage to my vehicle during repair. Am I thrilled?? Of course not. I have had time to think about this and realized I ordered my car in July and took delivery 1st week in October and paid MSRP. So, a lot of other forum members have gone through a lot more to even land their G80 so I'm having a hard time continuing to whine about the situation. It was killing the whole experience for me. I've come to terms with the fix either being a teardown or engine swap. No way around it (that I'm aware of) and I'll try to prolong it as long as I can. I definitely don't want to be the first one in line for a dealer fix.. in the interim I'm not letting it ruin my happiness while I'm driving this beast everyday. I'm coming out of a CS and the G80 is really settling in with me each passing day. Its a lot of car for the money. I've tuned a number of M cars and prayed things held together but if they didn't well I'd be in the same boat. At least this fix is on BMW dime. I'm not giving the car back or selling it. I keep hearing this $85k or $100k price as some sort of threshold whereby perfection is expected. It makes me laugh as pick-up trucks cost that much now...sorry I just think that's funny. I agree with the posts whereby it's recommended that we control our expectations. Here in Southern Cal I'm seeing 6-9mos wait and $10k-$20k over sticker just like the C8's. Some people are content with 200hp-300hp to get around town. I like 500+ so I'm learning to expect some issues. However, I can't wait to see some real solutions and solid answers. The one thing I consistently agree with is that it's taking BMW too long to provide us with this info. Most M car owners are pretty passionate about their cars. My perspective over this ordeal has changed over the last couple of weeks. Can't wait for the real BMW Genius to step up already.
Appreciate 2
Tdubb88188.50
sleepdoc257.50