Originally Posted by Brendan///M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merda10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sottozero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merda10 View Post
Has anyone got any info on timeframe?

According to the DP where I got the car - he said car is ready to be fixed but we got no info what parts, when we will receive, etc.

It's crazy that it's been over a week and they still have no real info for the customers.
Just yesterday, I talked to BMW NA for 20 mins and two dealers. All of them said there is an issue, but no remedy has been communicated yet.

These dealers were in different states as well.

There is zero - I mean, ZERO - chance I will take my $85K X3MC to a dealer for a "fix" without knowing precisely what they will be doing, how, and for how long.

IMO (and I could be wrong), the DP is misinformed or is misunderstanding the issue overall. If he claims he knows what parts are being replaced, and the process of replacing them, well, I'd want a full and very detailed explanation.

I'm a little skeptical of what your DP is saying, but hey, weirder things have happened.
He actually said the same - car is ready, as in at the depot but no movement until they get confirmation from BMW.

He said I have no idea what they actually need to fix, how they will fix it and when.

My argument was - well I need to know by the end of the week as I will need to go out and buy a different car. Some clarification and compensation must be provided.
You guys are funny. Nothing will be provided. They owe us nothing. They are not contractually obligated to sell us cars. Yes they will refund the deposit, no questions asked, for all those freaking out. No they will not provide discounts on another car, lol. They have people lined up for these cars at $10-20K markup. We are at their mercy. See my previous posts in this thread with my discussions with BMWNA. Hopefully everyone here, except me, has another car to drive in the meantime while this is sorted out, it could be a while.
Don't think so - I like to flip these cars yearly. So you don't look after me and I will go else where and spend the 150-200 we do on these cars.

Now if your dealership is how you say and can just sell to someone else great - I doubt he will see you back there.
Yes, in the past, that would have worked. Now they have thousands of people fighting over one allocation. If you think they will sell you the car at invoice to earn your repeat business, while plenty of people are willing to pay 10-20K over, I have a bridge to sell you. My local dealerships all have empty lots and no cars coming in for the next 4-6 months. I honestly don't blame them for marking up.
Appreciate 0