modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightedBMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Likeanowl View Post
Not to stir the pot but I called genius just a bit ago regarding my car and decided to ask some questions just to see what I could find and got the following info:

-She said according to her “bulletin” as well as a recent meeting they had the main bearing shell affects LESS than 600 vehicles total. She said it is only the m3/4 x3/4m. I said “I heard it was in the thousands” to which she replied “no I’m reading it directly. Total affected vehicles: less than 600.”

-She said she heard nothing of the sort regarding bmw halting/pausing production of unbuilt cars with the s58 engine. She said at most the estimated delay because of this is a week or two at most specifically pertaining to shifting of parts to fix those 600 cars.

-other delays affecting production on top of that are still the Harmon kardon sound system and the laser lights. She said those are still listed as “restricted” options on our cars. She said that does not mean it will be built without them it will just cause more delay. She said if Bmw absolutely cannot source the parts they will remove it from your build and notify you. She said because the HK is standard she doubts that will happen but she said if laser lights for some reason can’t be sourced then because it’s an added option they can remove it if needed. Unless you are specifically notified of something being removed just assume you’ll still get it, just delayed.

-She said she does not have details on the specific “fix” for the main bearing shell but said it was brought up in their meeting but no details we’re given yet.

-She said regarding build week, unfortunately it’s all up in the air. She said she’s seen cars go week 41-44-48-47 and back to 41 again. Others just repeatedly delayed so just cross your fingers because there’s no real way to know until it actually hits production.

I hope some of this helps.

Edit: also I asked about the carbon bucket seats and she said she’s heard nothing about those being short or causing delay. Which I find strange because anyone that’s post week 42-43ish and have carbon buckets seem to all be delayed. But who knows.
How is it possible that of all the members here who have called into genius daily over the past few months and gotten next to no info, this genius happens to have more info than any other genius ever? Interesting.
She clearly said she just got out of a meeting about it
Appreciate 0