Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk5er33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbethesda View Post
Thanks all for your input. While I'm not completely out of the woods until it's on the way to the dealership, it seems like most know about the stop sale when it's at the port in Germany.

So….let me ask a very specific question.

Has anyone…

1) Been told no stop-sale(s) on their car when it was at the port in Germany or later in the process (different than just not being told either way)
2) and then was told their car did have a stop sale (excluding those early builds that had the "product launch date" stop-sale. Must be stop sales due to missing parts)

I've seen a few that said something like "My SA told me I had a stop-sale once it reached the VPC". That doesn't tell me much, it might have had it right after it left the factory, but no one told you and you didn't ask.

Thanks!
I secured my car while it was on the ship from Germany. Since I saw so many people reporting delays on this forum, I asked my SA if there were any stop sales on the car like camera or audio module. He told me that the car was fully built (no stop sales) and that we should expect it at the dealership in about 1-2 weeks. However, as soon as it reached the VPC (about 1 day after), the stop sale occurred and I was told that there was an open ticket for the camera retrofit. I believe I called Genius and found this out prior to my SA telling me. In the end it took exactly 1 month for the car to get from the VPC to the dealership.
Ugh. Thanks for this data point.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 0