03-19-2021, 02:10 PM   #22
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
I don't understand this debate, some say the M3 feels like a smaller M5 but some others say it feels like a bigger M2
lets take a look at the M lineup
Bigger than M2 = M3
Smaller than M5= M3
Shocking they might be talking about the same car.....

Side note: he mentioned different track and center of gravity for the M4 vs M3? I know that is the case for the standard 4 series vs 3 series but was that the case for the M twins? would be the first I have seen that referenced.
If you've spent a lot of time driving the F87 M2 and F90 M5, I think you'll strongly favor one or the other depending on your preferences and priorities. I am a huge fan of both cars in all their forms (except M5 CS, I haven't ever been in one yet so I don't have an opinion yet) but they drive very differently. I doubt anybody could drive an M2 and an M5 and have a hard time chosing one over the other because they are so different, each of us would strongly prefer one or the other I would imagine.

If an M3/M4 is a "larger M2" then it's very nimble and agile, fun to slide around, a little harsh on shitty roads.

If it's a "smaller M5" then it's very smooth and comfortable but its cornering responses are a little dull and delayed, hugely powerful in a straight line but a little less exciting to throw into corners and ride the limits of grip.
Appreciate 5
JustChris17483.00
akkando5863.00
bm323193.50
MDuckie93.00