05-16-2023, 11:27 PM   #62
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asymmetrick View Post
I don't think so. My point as always been that high end sports car reviews are most informative when they measure optimal car performance. This cannot be done under "lousy, treacherous conditions".

If one is to spend the extra $ to get the extra performance of a high end sports car (and reviews are supposed to inform that decision), then it seems reasonable to expect reviews to conduct tests that objectively measures the extra performance. As pointed out by someone else above: "testing on a wet track is pointless for objective metrics such as lap times".

When did I say that you should not drive your car in winter/snow? I drove my RWD G80 M3 in snow and I don't see any problem with that. My point is about car reviews.

No need to make this personal. My point is not about the CSL (or the GT3) specifically. My point is that reviews of high performance cars are most informative when they are conducted under optimal driving conditions. This shouldn't be a controversial point.

I tend to agree with this rationale as it pertains to reviews about objective performance.
Appreciate 1