General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Why?

When I sign up for a track event, I show up and drive whether it rains or not.

In my F80, the stock OEM wheels with PS4S are my rain setup, and in the back seat I have a dry weather setup with slicks. At the expense of some convenience (mounting and dismounting wheels), I have a flexible setup.

With the CSL and GT3, I think you are constrained to run whatever the car is shod with. So if you show up with both to the track in the rain, the CSL will be harder to drive than the GT3, by quite a margin.

And if you show up in the dry, rest assured, the situation will be the same.

No matter what, the GT3 is a better track car. Both are compromised street cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
My point was also simple - you run what you bring to that occasion. They had a GT3, they had a CSL, mix, observe and summarize.

BMW doesn't offer a "Good weather" button in their CSL where you can summon a sunny day in the midst of an English winter.

In the same lousy, treacherous conditions, the GT3 shone bright, and the CSL didn't. That was my point.
As tidbit, if I saw correctly in the video, the M4CSL is on PS4S while the GT3 is on PSC2. So the CSL had better "wet" tires than the GT3 for this review.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0